Memorial Day Weekend, an important event commemorating all men and women who have died in military service for our country. Colloquially, Memorial Day Weekend has become the unofficial start to summer. And it’s the start for people to go down the shore, the Hampton’s or basically just get out of town.
Well, 2016 has been a busy year (we just know it has). What if you feel like this is the perfect weekend for you to stay put and relax? Well then, here are ten ideas for all those who are Hoboken-local this Memorial Day Weekend. And all are accessible via public transit.
1. Drinks at the Psycho House on the rooftop of the Metropolitan Museum of Art:
2. Smorgasburg at South Street Seaport:
3. Cookout on the Lower East Side:
4. 5 Cent Hot Dogs at Nathan’s in Coney Island:
Saturday, 28 May 2016 11:00 am
Creator: NYC Food & Drink Guide
5. Battle of the Bands on top of the Intrepid:
6. Flea Market in Brooklyn:
7. Matcha pop-up in the East Village:
8. Free movie (Best in Show) in Fort Greene, Brooklyn. It’s BYOD (Bring Your Own Dog)
9. Fleet Week at Liberty State Park:
10. Fifth Harmony Concert (free!):